The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen

The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen I am a lover of words, Jesus, and His church. I am also a wife, a mom, and a friend. I hope you'll consider me yours...

Imparting A Life Lesson

I took my son to vote with me today.  It was his turn, as I've taken them each one by one the last several elections.  There are several reasons I have chosen to do this.

I want him to feel confident the first time he votes, having no reason to be intimated into staying away from the polls.

I want him to understand the process of democracy and feel the weight of its privilege.

I want him to take ownership of his role in his own nation, picking up the responsibility we each carry to invest in our country.

I want him to see that people can use their voices for something other than complaining.  They can use them for action.

But there's something else we'll do as a family tonight.  We'll be praying for our government this evening before we go to bed.

Because I want him to know who to petition for real change.