The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen

The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen I am a lover of words, Jesus, and His church. I am also a wife, a mom, and a friend. I hope you'll consider me yours...

We've Moved!

Today is the day I get to share what I've been working on with you! When I started Treasure the Ordinary as a blog 8 years ago, I was in a season as a stay at home, homeschooling mom in which I felt like the only way to have a voice that carried past the daily chores and the "ordinariness" of life was to write. I wasn't sure if anyone would ever read it besides my mom and my husband, but I honestly didn't care. I just needed to speak my thoughts. And it turned out to be a huge treasure-filled blessing in my life. 

Through blogging, I've learned how I think, what my own voice sounds like, and how God talks to me the most often and the most naturally. The fact that I've been able to connect more deeply with people I know and people that I've never met has been the blessing that went beyond what I could have imagined when I began. 

Recently, I felt a stirring to take another step with Treasure the Ordinary. In the season I'm in now, working full time, raising teenagers, and launching them one by one into their futures, I've realized my voice could be heard in new ways, ways that weren't an option for me in past seasons. 

And that's why Treasure the Ordinary is finding a new home within a larger platform, an all new website! By launching this new tool, I am believing the Lord is opening new doors of opportunity to speak what He's placed inside of me in brand new places, stretching beyond my home and my city into communities and friendships I can't even picture in my mind's eye yet. 

I'm too fond of writing to stop the adventure of blogging, so it not only still has a place in the new website, it has an all-new layout that I think will add more visual appeal and usability for the reader!
Thank you, friend, for following Treasure the Ordinary. I value our connection in an online world that's not always known to be builders of people. I've always wanted this to be a place where you can come, take a deep breath, know you are loved by the One who sees you, and leave with a little treasure in your pocket. May it be so to even greater measure in the future!

Please check out the new site and share with a friend if you think they'd be blessed by it!


www.treasuretheordinary.com