The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen

The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen I am a lover of words, Jesus, and His church. I am also a wife, a mom, and a friend. I hope you'll consider me yours...

The Way I Want To See

"There is beauty and adventure in the commonplace for those with eyes to see beyond."  - Jonathan Lockwood Huie

The older I become, the more I've realized that my life is not made up of hills and valleys like I once thought.  It's made up of tiny moments on the road that stretches over hills and valleys. 

Tiny moments like making my husband a cup of coffee.

Brushing my daughter's hair.

Listening to my son laugh.

Feeding the whole crew yet another meal.

Hearing about my child's day.

Watching the oldest wink at the youngest.

The choked up feeling in my throat when my friend tells of a victory.

The choked up feeling in my throat when another tells of personal pain.

The feel of the blanket in my hand as I tuck in the one who still asks.

Starting the last load of laundry for the day.

The sound of his breathing as he settles into sleep.

These moments make up my life.  They lead me from the valley to the mountain that always stretches in the horizon.

They are everyday.  They are common.  They are nothing.

Until He gives me eyes to see beyond.