The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen

The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen I am a lover of words, Jesus, and His church. I am also a wife, a mom, and a friend. I hope you'll consider me yours...

Treasuring the Moment

It keeps coming to my mind lately that one day the spot under the swing will actually have grass.  There will come a summer when the blades of St. Augustine won't be kicked around by a wild ruffian and they will grow peacefully. 


There will also come a day when I pull back the shower curtain without finding Barbie mermaids in my tub.


There will be a week that goes by when I don't stoop to pick up granola bar wrappers off my living room floor.


There will be a season when I do laundry and it's done in three loads, instead of thirteen.


There will be a night when I go to bed without tucking anyone in.


And suddenly, these things don't seem at all burdensome.  In fact, they seem like treasures.  Treasures that make a lump in my throat.  Treasures I don't want to lose. 


These treasures I will hold close today.  I will savor their goodness and breathe in their joy.