The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen

The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen I am a lover of words, Jesus, and His church. I am also a wife, a mom, and a friend. I hope you'll consider me yours...

Pause

"Be still and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  - Psalm 46:10

I don’t have much to show for my two years of German in High School.  I know how to count to ten and how to sing, “I’m a foreigner and I don’t speak German very well” to the tune of “She’ll Be Coming Around the Mountain,” neither of which are all that helpful. 

However, I do have a random German phrase stuck in my head.  I can say, “Sprechen in die pausen nachs,” which means, “Speak in the pauses.”  I can do this because our teacher used to play a cassette tape (yes, I'm that old) with a woman speaking German sentences.  After each sentence, the woman on the tape would instruct us to “sprechen in die pausen nachs,” and we were then supposed to repeat her sentence.  I apparently didn’t learn any of the other sentences, but I can tell someone really well to “speak in the pauses.”

And maybe that’s a good sentence to know. 
 
In the middle of the sheer chaos of life, to choose to use my one sentence.
 
"God, I am stopping.  I am stopping everything.
 
Come speak in the pause."