The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen

The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen I am a lover of words, Jesus, and His church. I am also a wife, a mom, and a friend. I hope you'll consider me yours...

The Dream Business

I've started a dream list. 
 
Just a simple page with my dreams written on it.  The really big dreams.  The little dreams.  The ones that I can see come to pass this year, right alongside the ones I can't imagine ever really happening.
 
Staring at my list made me realize how many, many things would have been on that list just a few years ago, but aren't there now.  They're not there because they've already been fulfilled.  Oh, the joy to understand He's in the business of making dreams come true.
 
And I realized I want to be just like Him.  I want to be in the family business---making other people's dream come true.

I can start with the dreams alive in my own house, the ones that are dreamed up by the man I call husband and the four little people with big futures.

I can take it out of my house by investing in the dreams that dwell in the hearts of my friends.

I can look past the weariness in the eyes of the cashier at Wal-Mart and pray that the deepest desires of her heart would be met by the Meeter of All Needs.

Mark Twain once said, "Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Lord, please make me great this way.  It's a dream of mine.