The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen

The blog home of speaker and writer Mindy von Atzigen I am a lover of words, Jesus, and His church. I am also a wife, a mom, and a friend. I hope you'll consider me yours...

Soaking

It happens so easily. 

Getting caught up in the details of life.  Forgetting the One who gives me life.  Running about taking care of things.  Neglecting to take care of my own heart.  Making sure all the relationships in my life are well-watered.  Letting the most important relationship grow dry.

And the only solution is to stop.

Stop the running.  Slow the movement.  Be still.

And breathe Him in.

To let the water of His spirit flow over my toes, lap my ankles, pull at my waist, rush over my head.  To choose to be submerged in His presence, leaving the shallow end far behind as I follow Him into the deep.

"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."  (Psalm 42:7)

And in that place of worship, I find healing.  Healing for the ache that comes when I stay too long on the shores.  The kind of healing that brings satisfaction to the places of restless longing.

And I remember again how good He is.  And how without Him, I can do nothing.

It's in those moments that He always reminds me. 

I don't have to leave the river.  I could stay.  And let its current carry me to the details of life, to the needs, to those relationships.  

I could live here, in this place in the deep.  I could go deeper.  And deeper.  And deeper still.